Employment with Madava and Crown Maple®
Just as we are committed to superb quality in our processes, maple products, and guest experiences, we have been building a team of individuals who embody commitment and excellence in their work. We currently have the following positions open:
Crown Maple, LLC is a producer of high-end organic maple products including syrups and sugars. Now in our third year, we have gained recognition among top chefs throughout the nation. Our farm and syrups have been featured in The New York Times, New York Post, NBC's Today Show, Martha Stewart, Food & Wine Magazine and more. We are seeking an energetic Sales Manager that is self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, good computer abilities, and is organized, detailed oriented and professional.
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Experience with distributors is highly desirable.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, accounting, manufacturing and logistics.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
Must possess 5 years or more experience in the Manufacturing/Retail sector. Possession of a post-secondary degree in Business Management. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach). Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software. Valid driver’s license. Please email your resume to email@example.com
Sales Representative - Specialty Food Products Retail & Food Service (Tristate)
Crown Maple, LLC is a producer of high-end organic maple products including syrups and sugars. Now in our third year, we have gained recognition among top chefs throughout the nation. Our farm and syrups have been featured in The New York Times, New York Post, NBC's Today Show, Martha Stewart, Food & Wine Magazine and more.
We are seeking to expand our team of commissioned sales representatives and brokers. Candidates must be thoroughly knowledgeable about the specialty food industry and have experience calling on and selling to retailers and/or restaurants, with emphasis on selling to buyers of gourmet, organic, specialty food products, or gifts in the NY Metro Area.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with excellent communication skills and good computer abilities, who are organized, detailed oriented, professional and can share our passion for what we believe is "Quite possibly the purest maple syrup on earth." Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time/ Seasonal - Tour Guide
Seeking a Tour Guides to give knowledgeable & exhilarating guided tours and tastings through Madava Farms’ sugarhouse for public and private groups. The tour guide assists in the service of public and private operations of Madava Farms while providing inviting hospitality.
Public tours run Saturday and Sunday, 3 times a day. Candidates must be available weekends and flexible for private tour weekdays as needed. Please email your resume to email@example.com